Friday, February 11, 2005

I'll be ready to go back to work after this weekend!

You never know how an old hobby might get rekindled in a little more than a heartbeat. My wife and I had dinner with a couple that are friends of ours tonight. It happens that this couple live directly across the street from my office and used to own the land upon which it sits. I work for a cellular company and in addition to my office, there is a 200 foot tower on the site.

It turns out this friend is an Amateur Radio enthusiast. I've only been interested in Ham Radio and communication in general since I was in seventh grade. We got to talking about the hobby, the local clubs and the fact that he'd like to put a repeater on that 200 foot tower I mentioned. I don't know how that's going to work out, but I'm going to try to sell it to my boss as an investment in the community. We'll see, but one thing's for sure: I'm feeling the bug bite again, I'll probably end up getting back into Ham Radio as a hobby again. Good thing I didn't give away all my radio stuff!!

Only 1 week left to the Illinois Libertarian Party annual convention. I think I've talked myself into running for vice-Chair Membership. I have some ideas and it seems like no one else wants to step-up and fill this position. I'm going to talk it over with a few more people whose judgment I trust and make a decision by Tuesday.

I've got a busy weekend planned. I have to work a few hours tomorrow, then tomorrow night the charity I work with, Jefferson County Toys For Kids, will have a fund raising steak dinner at the Mount Vernon American Legion Hall. The Sons Of The American Legion are hosting for the third time, the dinner starts at 7 pm (I think) and tickets are $10 if anyone wants to come! It always turns out to be a fun evening. I think we'll be having a silent auction this time. Wonder what I'll come home with? Sunday I'm hoping to see the matinee presentation of Barefoot In The Park at the Marion Civic and Cultural Center.

Okay, that's enough for now.

2 comments:

Calion said...

You might want to have a ChangeDetection button on your blog like I have on mine; feel free to steal the code. I've already ChangeDetected your page myself.

(I also just wanted to see if comments are working; I'm experiencing some wierdness on my blog)

Calion said...

Heh. You copped my ChangeDetection link...but you didn't change it to match your blog! There is a default coding that makes it Detect whatever page it's on, but I've modified it. So anyone who clicks the link on your page subscribes to ~my~ blog! Thanks, Walt!